Who doesn’t love a good sangria!?! Especially when it’s the kind that’s spicy and sweet… YUM. Sangria is the perfect summer-y drink and it’s always a crowd pleaser so it’s on of my favorite drinks to serve at events or get-togethers. I particularly love how many different kinds of sangria flavors you can make and how PRETTY it looks. It takes all of 10 minutes yet it looks like a masterpiece so I wanted to share my favorite sangria with y’all so that you can bring it to your next BBQ or event and wow everyone 🙂
I’ll sometimes just make this for Chris and I for a fun and refreshing dinner drink but if I’m serving it at a party, I like to serve sangria in this pitcher and in these glasses 🙂
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno (chop into circles)
- 3 ½ cups pineapple juice
- One bottle of chardonnay (your choice!)
- Pineapple, jalapeno slices, and mint for garish
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and jalapeno to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Let cool completely and then strain, discarding the jalapeno.
- In a large pitcher, combine the jalapeno syrup (that you just made), pineapple juice, and wine. Stir well.
- Refrigerate until well chilled- usually about 60 minutes. Serve the sangria over ice and garnish with jalapeno, mint, and pineapple and enjoy!!